Lotus Lamp, a piece of design.

Lotus Lamp, a piece of design.
Hey there!
Here, My first lamp and how I made it. In contrast to the other posts, this design has not a special feature, it’s just a lamp, the interesting feature is the design itself and the construction.
Getting Inspired
Despite that is an original design, I get some inspiration with:

The materials for this project are divided into two parts,
the electric material, like transformers, wires, and a LED
And the construction materials: Wood for the base and concrete for the “sheets”
How t do it
The electrical part is quite simple, AC/DC power supply, if the Voltage suit with your LED lamps. electrical voltage is not needed, otherwise, you can use the link below to calculate the most suitable resistance.

Remember, different colour LEDs uses different voltages, and depending is they are high luminescent LED they also use more current.
The current is a major issue here since if you use a high luminescence LED lamp, and the power supply is not exactly the voltage needed (which is quite likely) you will need to use resistance, and potentially it will need to be more than a 1W mean the usual resistances are 1/4W. Please be careful with that, if the power of your resistance is less it can get on fire creating and hazardous situation.
The sheets: fist it was designed in 3d, and with that design, I made a 2 part mould with my 3D printer.
The mould is filled with a mix of concrete, sand and black dye. After 24hours you can remove it, but it won’t be completely solidified after 24 hours.

Lighting challenges.
Despite the pretty design, the most important part, is, of course, the light.
In the original design, the light was placed on the bottom, attached to the centre of the base. Unfortunately, this created a lot of glare.
The first solution was to print a new part that covered the light that went through the sheets. in this way, you will never see the light directly.
This was a good solution for the glaring, really effective, but it also darkens the lamp. The lamp was beautiful and without glaring, but short of light.
I thought that if the light was facing the bottom instead of the top, it will be easier to avoid the unpleasant effect.
So I did a structure with thin columns, that allows the bright light throughout the sheets, avoiding any glare.

Inj my opinon, I had a perfect result¿ Thnaks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.